From the most routine to the extremely complex, Accounting &
Management Services, Inc. offers a comprehensive menu of services to
meet every accounting, tax, and business planning need. No other
Northwest Florida accounting firm exceeds our expertise or our
commitment to providing the best, most up to date service to each
client, no matter how large or how small.
Call us at
850-994-5691 to learn more about our services, which include:
Small Business Accounting/Bookkeeping Services
What’s that? You don’t want to keep your own books? What a shocker.
Luckily, we have a highly educated, experienced team that can do it
for you. We’ll take care of things like balance sheets and P&Ls,
Federal and State payroll filings so you can concentrate on growing
We consider documents like balance sheets,
P&L statements and other financial reports to be incredibly
valuable. Unlike an ordinary bookkeeper, we see your financial
statements as the decision-making tools they are. By knowing what to
look for in your numbers and negative trends, we can articulate
insights that give you awareness and clarity so those numbers don’t
control you; you control them. Think of us as your outsourced
accounting department – a really smart one that will show you how to
assert that control with a sophisticated knowledge that can benefit
you in ways you never imagined.
Read on to learn more about our accounting services.
Monthly financial statement
Whether it’s your balance sheet, income
statement, general ledger or all of the above, we can take the
burden of keeping these “clean” and current off of you so you can
concentrate on running your business. Letting these fall by the
wayside is never a good idea. We’ll uncover and fix discrepancies,
identify inefficiencies, recognize and analyze trends, and keep tabs
on all your money’s comings and goings so you have an accurate
picture of your own financial strength on any given day.
New business accounting setup
Help with navigating various governmental compliance
Oversight for internal accountant
Review accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, etc.
Monthly payroll tax deposits and federal & state tax report filings.
Reconciling your accounts each month keeps
your balances and your taxes up to date so you can:
- Identify lost checks, lost deposits and
unauthorized wire transactions.
- Detect and prevent excessive or unjustified
- Ensure your bank correctly posts
- Manage your cash more effectively,
saving money and making money.
- Protect yourself. By promptly objecting
about any unauthorized, fraudulent or forged checks, you can void
responsibility for the shortfall and transfer the risk to the
Minimizing taxes makes us happy. But it’s only one piece of a puzzle
that can leave you with more questions than answers. That stops the
minute you hire us. Whether you’re looking to complete a simple tax
return or hammer out a full-fledged tax plan for your business, we
have the advice and solutions you’re looking for.
Whatever it takes
to help you understand what’s going on with your business finances,
you can count on us to bring it to the table. Not only do we want
you to thrive, we also want you to feel good about the time and
money you’re investing with us. We’ll make sure you do, by enabling
you to make the best, most informed decisions possible.
Read on to learn more about our consulting
We are technically solid professionals who deliver a controllership
service in a bookkeeping environment. That means you get more than
mere traditional bookkeepers. You get experienced pros with in-depth
knowledge who can help individuals and businesses understand their
business and anticipate future issues.
Your business is growing. You need
professional financial advice, but you can’t afford a fulltime CFO
or controller. It’s kind of a nice spot to be in, especially since
you now know you can call us to step in and help out. We can provide
experienced support at an affordable cost to give you:
- More time to focus on core business
- Better understanding of the financial
side of your business for more control over your money.
- Improved decision-making ability thanks
to seeing the hard and true numbers.
- A readily available sounding board to
help you clarify business plans.
- Comfort in knowing a professional is
overseeing, protecting and constantly improving the financial side
of your business.
- Strong financial controls to reduce
employee theft and increase profits.
- Training and management for your
- Budget preparation and monitoring.
- Profitability analysis by service or
- Tax saving strategies.
- Trend analysis.
- Assistance in defining long-range plans
and the quantification of goals.
- Cash management.
- Liaison with bankers, attorneys,
vendors, insurance agents, etc.
- Assistance in obtaining financing from
- Insurance policy review/negotiation.
- Analysis of equipment purchases,
- Custom designed collection policies and
Strategic business planning
Someone (not us) once said, “Failing to plan is planning to fail.”
So true. A strategic business plan helps clarify your company’s
direction and ensures key leaders are all on the same page. You need
one if you’re:
- Starting a new venture, product or
- Expanding a current organization,
product or service
- Buying a new business, product or
- Turning around a declining business
Why? Because a strategic plan allows you
- Identify and describe the target
customer profile, features, advantages and benefits of your new
venture, product or service.
- Justify that your plans are credible by
fully researching the need being filled with your new venture.
- Develop detailed marketing plans.
- Develop staffing plans highlighting the
skills, attitudes and expertise you need.
- Develop financial plans including
projected startup costs, operating costs, revenue, profits, and
breakeven analysis for the first 3 to 5 years.
- Identify building and equipment needs,
including vendors and cost estimates.
- Formulate company milestones including
timelines for upcoming products and services in development.
Having a strategic business plan can help
you get funding, and make all the difference in your success.
New business formation
Hanging a shingle? Great. Besides that shingle, you also need a plan
of action. We can help you avoid common pitfalls many new business
owners make when starting out. Let us:
- Prepare a business plan to clarify your
marketing, management, and financial goals.
- Determine your startup capital needs.
- Identify sources of startup capital and
backup sources if needed.
- Evaluate and quantify your borrowing
- Select a business structure that best
fits your needs by evaluating tax advantages, legal exposure, ease
of operation and portability should you need to relocate.
- Select the right accounting software.
- Prepare a cash flow budget to avoid
unplanned cash requirements.
- Establish billing and collection
procedures to maximize your cash flow.
- Establish procedures to monitor and
- Prepare and file all required state and
local licenses and permits.
- Prepare and file your application for
your Federal Employer Identification Number.
- Provide payroll and payroll tax filing
when you bring on your first employee.
- Comply with employment laws so you don’t
get hit with fines and unhappy employees.
- Identify your business insurance needs.
- Develop a solid Partnership Agreement to
help prevent financial problems down the road.
The “A” word instills a sinking feeling in
lots of people. When they hear “audit” they think “hassle” or “pain”
or “I haven’t got time for this; I need to run a business!” But we
can make your next financial audit much easier by helping you prep
for it and supporting you throughout the process. Don’t let the
prospect of a financial audit, or fulfilling the requirements for
one, hold you back from making the right moves for your business–and
that includes securing bank financing.
Gary Ward, EA
Jennifer Morris, Partner
Who We Are
What We Do
Who We Serve